hits

Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Superman in every common man - (3 of 3)



This incident is to be published in three parts. To read the final part click here continued from part-2 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.............


I stepped back by the impact to 3 or 4 feet from my original place as people made space for their entertainment show. This is called law of conservation of energy. The energy they had applied in pushing me was converted into the work done by my body during my backward motion. It was purely basic Physics. Nothing else. I understood why they emphasized on these subjects during our school days.

“ No. She is not my sister. Does it matter?” I meeked in very low voice resulting from the cocktail of feeling of fear and self defence.
“Then what you are? A fucking Superman?” One of them retorted as they burst into laughter.
“A superman with his underpants beneath his pants.” Another added.
“Actually he is the scrawny version of Superman.” Third of them had marked his presence and they again burst into laughter. Some of the audience also found it laughable.
“What are you doing behan****? Does your father had taught you only all these?” A voice emerged from somewhere in the crowd. All 200 pairs of eyes moved toward its origin. An old man, about 60 year of age, had showed up from the mob in a second. The radiant on his face defined his confidence. He came and stood beside me. He then pats my back and scolded those three bullies. Also, he preached the crowd. He introduced himself as retired District Magistrate of some random district of Kerala. He must be in any other coach during all these time. Those three bullies were started misbehaving with him as well, but the intervention of public coerced them to immediately apologized him and deboarded from the train there only.

I thanked him for showing up at the right time. The time at which my bones were likely to be broken. He appreciated my courage which was no way needs any appreciation. It was just a result of spontaneity. In a nick of time, that girl approached us. She thanked that radiant uncle first, and then she approached me. My hearts bloated with a feeling mixed with fear and happiness. The happiness because a girl is approaching me while fear of her upcoming remark. What if she tell “ Thank you Bhaiya.”

Bhaiya? I mean what the hell…… Am I too bad looking or I am Bhai Saheb type. Whatever it is but I didn’t deserve to be a Bhaiya of any beautiful stranger girl. God had already blessed me with a sweet sister. I don’t need another one. I am not an universal brother anyway.

Nevertheless, she came to me. Her perfume fragrance hits my nostrils while she was yet few feet away. My heart skips some pulses for the obvious reasons. My mind began to analyze the possibilities out of compulsion. Her approach was spellbound indeed. I prayed my lords to not let her tell this most haunting word “Bhaiya”. It is the most lethargic word a beautiful stranger girl could ever say to a guy. Totally unacceptable. Okay.. go judge me, call me creepy but I  ain’t gonna buy it. Bhaiya from a beautiful unknown girl sounds like back stab from your best friend. You’d never want to accept any of them either. Totally  subtle and unanticipated indeed.

“Thank you….” She said as she extends her hand, perhaps for a handshake. Her  meaningful pause followed by her interrogatory eyebrow movement as if asking will you going to respond or should I take it back?, was enough to make me ensure that she was not going to brother-zone me. Aah! Huge sigh of relief, undeniably.
“Abhishek. Abhishek Bhopali.” I announced my name similar to James Bond style as I shook her hand. It felt so good. Her fair, warm hand was too soft to let go.

“Thank you Abhishek.” She said with a firm, tighter handshake and released the grip next moment. But I had to fight with my mental voice to finally release my grasp. However, I had to leave her indeed, and I did. “Thank you for showing the courage. God knows what would have been happened if you weren’t intervened. I really mean it.”

Yes, I deserve that “thank you”, that hand shake, that touch, that fragrance. Not because of showing the courage and saving her from the public nuisance but for risking my life for this random beautiful stranger girl whose I didn’t even knew her name.”

“I didn’t do anything. It’s this uncleji who managed the situation.” I said this pointing towards that uncle on the ground of morality though I don’t mean it. “There is no way I could save even myself if this uncle hadn’t shown up here. By the way, what’s your name?”
She told her name Sneha. Few minutes of conversation had made the things back into normal and people forget it as if it never happened in the first place except the fact that this beautiful lady is now sitting beside me, talking to me, which I hadn’t even think few minutes earlier. The train too moved slowly after a while.

That day, I learnt one thing that we don’t need any extraordinary muscular strength to stand against any wrong-doings. We don’t need any Superman or Spiderman or Shaktimaan or anyone else for the raising your voice against injustice. Every one of us has a Superman in us. A Superman who likes to wears underpants beneath his pants. A Spiderman without web or mask, for that matter.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


PS: This is a work of fiction.


2 comments:

  1. a small typo o'er there
    the second last line says, this is the second part..........!!!!!! it's the third one, isn't it !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had corrected the error. thanks for reminding me yatin.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Bhopal. Delhi. Mumbai., India
A grammatically challenged blogger. Typos are integral part of blogs.